Recently I had the pleasure and the opportunity to discuss in the latest MeasureCamp London the approach we followed on implementing Cross Device Identification in Adobe Analytics using Tealium (TiQ & AudienceStream). Some high level outcomes are presented along with ideas for next steps.
- Why we need cross-device identification and reporting capabilities
- Solution design; we worked on top of an already suggested approach and improved it to fit our requirements. Particularly:
- Marketing channels (including organic and direct traffic) mix to be always properly attributed in all cases and under all circumstances
- Handle more than one customer login in the same browser
- Be able to enrich information with offline data
- Reporting opportunities
- Next steps (ideally!)
Have a look at it!
Please let me know about comments, ideas and potential alternative approaches that you have implemented to solve this problem!
PS: Even though the presentation focuses on Adobe, there was significant amount of work undertaken in Tealium which is not mentioned in the slides.